Oracle and Simba Technologies announced September 20, 2010 at Oracle OpenWorld the immediate availability of MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP 2.0 for directly connecting popular applications such as Microsoft Excel PivotTables to Oracle Database 11g OLAP Option. New features in version 2 of the product include:
- support for Microsoft Excel 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit versions) to enable users to work with larger datasets;
- support for drillthroughs within Excel which enables quick, easy access to originating data for auditing or more detailed data analysis;
- support for visual slicers for improved dimensional filtering of complex datasets;
- support for sparklines that enable cell-level formatting with embedded micro-charts for visual trending analysis; and,
- integration with Excel Services 2010 or 2007 to store and share workbooks on Microsoft Sharepoint for collaboration.